Friday, May 28, 2010

SATC 2



So last night I saw Sex and the City 2 with my sister. It was like I was a little girl on Christmas morning unwrapping gifts. I have been waiting for this movie to come out.....O since last year. During finals I would watch the preview over and over again and think to myself..."if I can just get through finals...Sex and the City will be waiting for me on the other side." And it was.

Although the reviews are not that great and the critics are picking a part the film to death I really liked and enjoyed it. It will never be an Oscar nominated movie but that is not the point of Sex and the City. The point of Sex and the City for me is to escape from everyday life and be immersed in extravagant fashion, food, and fun.....and be reminded of how important your girlfriends are.

So last night for a little of two hours I escaped from work, school, and the everyday simple life I lead and was swept away on a magic carpet into the glamorous lives of four NYC girls. My favorite part of Sex and the City is the fashion. Fashion director, Patricia Fields, is never afraid to take risks. Each episode of Sex and the City featured outlandish outfits and the movies are no different. But the point isnt to be practical it is to take fashion and push it over the edge. And that is what you get. The clothes that the characters wear in this movie are gorgeus!


So today I am trying to channel my inner Carrie Bradshaw by wearing my cute red sandal heels and a cute dress. Bring some life to the courthouse....and be daring just like Carrie is with her waredrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment