
Remember when you were little and your mom would call your friend's mom and they would set up a play date. That is how I met one of my best friends 17 years ago in kindergarten. You would play with dolls and barbies and pretend to be a mommy. Then in middle school you started calling your friends and asking them over for a sleep over. You would talk about boys and crushes and gossip and sneak out of bed for a midnight snack. That is when I met another one of my best friends. Fast forward a couple of years and it is college. You join a sorority and meet friends that bring out a side of you that your old friends never did. You make room in your life for them and forget what life was without them. Fast forward to now....as we are getting older it gets harder and harder to keep and stay in touch with all your friends. Everyone is growing up.....one is a teacher, one is engaged, another one is going of to the peace corps....Life gets hectic and crazy sometimes and you need friends to make you laugh and remind you not to take life so seriously. Even though there may be disagreements and hurt feelings .... there is always room for forgiveness....at least that is what I am trying to learn as I get older...I guess it is called growing up. But sometimes I wish I was back in elementary school when the hardest decision you had to make with your friend was who was going to have which American Girl Doll to play with.
Now I am in law school and have a new set of friends in my life. They know what kind of stress law school puts on you and they laugh with you over stupid stuff that no one else gets because they are not in law school. And again..I think to myself...how did I ever survive without these amazing friends in my life.


No comments:
Post a Comment