Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Weekend Getaway....Austin






What an amazing weekend trip to Austin! We had so much to celebrate...Steven's 25th birthday, our 2 year anniversary (we have been dating for two years) and Kristen buying a house in North Carolina and getting matched at UNC!! We decided the perfect place to celebrate all these events would be Austin. Of course we had to take the group to the Oasis Friday night. I think if you go to Austin and have never been out to eat at the Oasis it is a must. We got there just before sunset. It was beautiful. Then Saturday we drove around showing his family the city of Austin. I took them around the Capitol and showed them where I used to work during my internship there and we ate at Austin Java. Yummy!! Then that night we went out to dinner and then of course to 6th Street so we could celebrate Steven's birthday properly. It was a fabulous weekend to say the least. Just what I needed. Lately I have been getting really stressed out and anxious about school. I don't know what it is...maybe the appellate brief or maybe the fact finals or right around the corner. Whatever it is I forgot about it this weekend. I was able to clear my head and really be thankful for the life I have. Law school can be daunting at times and can really get me down...make me forget all the good things going on in my life and I need to step back and breathe before I let that happen again.

Today I skipped class to work on my appellate brief all day. Non law school people do not realize how big of a deal citations are...but to all you law school people you will understand when I say that I worked on citations for a good two hours. I am happy I got that out of the way because it is so tedious and tiring. (at least to me it is) I proofread one time through and now just have about 20 more proofreads to go. But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it feels so warm. My goal is to have it done so I can actually enjoy Easter weekend with my family. Then after that HELLO OUTLINES and GOODBYE LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment