Today I took Tommy to the vet so he could get a general check up and while waiting I started looking around and thinking...how are cat people different from dog people? I am a cat person. Ever since I was a little girl I have adored cats. But also ever since I was a little girl my family has had a dog. Don't get me wrong I loved all the family dogs...but I bonded more with my cat. My family has gone through many cats....we just had our string of bad luck with outside cats wandering away, eating something bad, and having a fight with a car...and car winning. But the cat I most remember from my child hood was Belle. My dad found her behind his office and brought her home. She was not the prettiest cat but I liked her. She kept to herself and made her home on the corner of my bed. I loved that cat. We were a lot a like....we liked to go into my room close the door and be left alone.
Now I have my cat Tommy who is the LOVE of my life. Just ask Steven, Jackie or Kaytlyn. They will tell you that I talk about Tom all the time. Maybe not all the time but a lot. He is my baby.
I relate with cats more than dogs....I am not a clingy person and like to be left alone. I enjoy being by myself and not being bothered. Now do not get me wrong I do enjoy going out to dinner with friends, hanging out with my boyfriend, being with my family, and laughing with people but I also enjoy coming home laying on my couch and doing my own thing. I will take a leap and even call myself pretty independent. Cats are like this too. Tommy loves me and I love him but we like our own space. He will lay in his bed and just stare at me while I call him....thinking to himself "I am staying here stop saying my name." But then when he decides he will jump up on the couch next to me and purrr while I pet him.
Dogs just get on my nerves. All their nasty slobber and you have to walk them and they jump on you. Do not get me wrong dogs are great companions...always there for you and you can see it in their eyes that they love you...but I know Tommy loves me without him slobbering all on me. Also dogs stink sometimes.
So I started wondering if anyone had done a study to see if dog people and cat people are different and I found this http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/01/13/cat.dog.personality/index.html And there is a difference. I do not know how much truth there is to this but I thought it was interesting.
Also here are some funny cat quotes...
"A dog will flatter you but you have to flatter the cat."- George Mikes
"You can keep a dog; but it is the cat who keeps people, because cats find humans useful domestic animals."- George Mikes
"You own a dog but you feed a cat."- Jenny de Vries
"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well." - Missy Dizick
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous
"A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."- Sarah Thompson
"Cats are kindly masters, just so long as you remember your place."- Paul Gray
"One must love a cat on its own terms."- Paul Gray
Disclaimer....I do love dog people!


I am so a dog person, lol!
ReplyDeleteOne of the girls I'm living with next year has a cat and I HATE that thing...hopefully we can learn to get along :)
I'm sure I would love Tommy though!