
Since I do not have facebook anymore to distract me from my studies I decided to watch my favorite episode of Sex and the City which is "I heart ny" from Season 4. One of my favorite movies is Breakfast at Tiffany's and in the "I heart ny" episode" Carrie and Big dance to "Moonriver." The underlying theme of the episode is change...summer turning into fall...Miranda starts a new chapter in her life with baby Brady, and Carrie starts a new season of her life with Big gone. I cannot put my finger on it but it is my all time favorite episode.
"Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cites. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away"-Carrie
Staying with the change theme...I bought a suit yesterday. Slowly but surely I am having to grow up. Unlike some college graduates who have to transition from college student to working adult in one summer I am getting three years to transition (law school takes three years). Going from fun college student into responsible law school student has been one of the hardest changes for me. Each day I feel more stress on my shoulders....be it making good grades, taking the right classes, hoping these three years will pay off in the end. Looking in the mirror yesterday at myself in a "big girl" suit I thought to myself "wow you finally look the part...you are finally looking like a lawyer."
Well back to studying so I can not only look like a lawyer but actually become one...


No comments:
Post a Comment