Saturday, April 24, 2010

Mistakes


"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes"-Oscar Wilde

How do you become an experienced cook....or an experienced newspaper editor.....or an experienced business woman....without making a couple of mistakes along the way. How do we learn without mistakes. There are two ways a person can look at mistake: (1) get mad upset even cry and not learn from it or (2) look at it as a learning experience and find a way to not make that mistake again...or not to make the mistake often. I have made a lot of mistakes in my life...with boys...with friends...with clothing (short skirts and mid-drift circa high school). Each of those mistakes taught me a lesson...with boys...find a boy who is honest and doesn't lie or cheat ...check found Steven.....with friends..there are too many lessons learned there to share and with clothing...I gave my abercrombie and fitch and hollister clothes to Goodwill a long time ago...and now am onto more classic pieces. At least I hope.

Nobody is perfect and the sooner I accepted the fact that life was not going to be perfect I was able to appreciate my life for what it is. Today I try and view my mistakes as a lesson learned instead of having a break down. Having break down and temper tantrums are not productive at all...and trying to see the silver lining in your mistakes is a better way to view them.

To end this post...I will be quoting the lovely Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City..I think I may have posted this quote before...but if the shoe fits wear it again I say...

“Maybe mistakes are what make our fate... without them what would shape our lives? Maybe if we had never veered off course we wouldn't fall in love, have babies, or be who we are. After all, things change, so do cities, people come into your life and they go. But it's comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart..."

No comments:

Post a Comment